Gastronomy & Local products
Known as a cultural hotspot in the 30's, the castle was a must for the greatest French and international artists. The castle and its domain, abandoned until 1999, regained their prestige thanks to a complete restoration by the new owners. The quality defines all the stages of the elaboration of our wine. At Château Volterra, wine is a matter of passion, tradition and terroir.
FROM VINE TO WINE
• Our vines are worked manually, without the use of weed killers.
• Yields are kept to a minimum to increase the quality of the grapes.
• The grapes are harvested at night to preserve the freshness and the particular aromas of each variety.
• A final sorting in the cellar makes it possible to select only the healthiest grains.
• All wines are bottled at the Château.
The Rosé: Grenache, Mourvèdre The first juice is used and fermented at low temperature.
Whites: Two grape varieties; two very different wines:
• Vermentino: fermented in stainless steel tanks to favor the varietal character of the grape variety: fresh and lively. • Chardonnay: fermented in barrels with aging on lees to create a rich and complex wine
• Chardonnay: fermented in barrels with aging on lees to create a rich and complex wine.
Reds: Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot. Each variety is fermented separately in large wooden vats. Two manual trapping is done daily during fermentation. Post-fermentation maceration gives a wine rich in color and tannins. Aged in barrels for 1 to 2 years.
Follow this company on